Re: Dllist public/private part - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mendola Gaetano
Subject Re: Dllist public/private part
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Mendola Gaetano wrote:
> I certainly would like to see Dllist removed too.
>
> > This mean that is waste of time work on dllist.
> > I seen that exist a TODO list about "features",
> > exist a list about: "code to optimize" ?
>
> What TODO item where you looking at?

I see the http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php
and for someone that want start to code is really
hard reading for example:

. Cache last known per-tuple offsets to speed long tuple access

what can do a "postgres source beginner" after reading that
sentence ?
May be is more usefull if a very "postgres source" expert, like
Bruce Momjian or Tom Lane, will compile a more detailed list
about what to do like:    We need a really efficient double linked list with this    interface blah blah blah or
somethinglike that

I hope I was clear enough

Regards
Gaetano Mendola