Re: GRANT question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Együd Csaba
Subject Re: GRANT question
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom, I see your point and you are right.

Michael, it seems if no functions were in my database...

When I created the moson.gdb database I didn't create any additional
schemas. I simply reloaded the dump - I think into the public. Thats all.
In PgAdmin the (all my) functions can be seen in the public schema (logging
in as any user). I don't really understand. What do I do wrong?

postgres@saurus:~> psql -U eden_admin moson.gdb
Password:
moson.gdb=# select edenproc_usesysid('probauser'::text) as usesyid;
 usesyid
---------
     118
(1 row)

moson.gdb=# show search_path;
 search_path
--------------
 $user,public
(1 row)

moson.gdb=# \df edenproc_usesysid
                          List of functions
 Schema |       Name        | Result data type | Argument data types
--------+-------------------+------------------+---------------------
 public | edenproc_usesysid | integer          | text
(1 row)

moson.gdb=# SELECT current_database();
 current_database
------------------
 moson.gdb
(1 row)

moson.gdb=# \q

postgres@saurus:~> psql -U probauser moson.gdb

moson.gdb=> select edenproc_usesysid('probauser'::text) as usesyid;
ERROR:  function edenproc_usesysid(text) does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need
to add explicit type casts.

moson.gdb=> \df edenproc_usesysid
                   List of functions
 Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types
(0 rows)

moson.gdb=> \df eden*
                   List of functions