selecting all records where a column is null - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Elmshauser, Erik
Subject selecting all records where a column is null
Date
Re: selecting all records where a column is null  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
Re: selecting all records where a column is null  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Re: selecting all records where a column is null  (terry@greatgulfhomes.com)
List pgsql-general
Hi, I am trying to select every record from a table where a specific
column does not have a value in it yet.  Is there a way to express that
in a SQL statement?  Here are the few I tried:

select * from table where field;
select * from table where field = '';
select * from table where field = NULL;

and some other stuff the is way more broken.  I have flipped through the
docs a bit but I haven't found anything useful yet.  If someone could
point me to the right place in the docs or give me an example of a
select that will do this I would be very grateful.
            --Erik