Re: Client not able to pick up - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: Client not able to pick up
Date
RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Client not able to pick up
List pgsql-admin
How are you using HAProxy??? PostgreSQL can only have one master taking writes. So if you're sending write transactions
toHAProxy to split among master & replicas, then yeah, there's your problem.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

> On Jul 3, 2024, at 11:27 AM, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can this problem due to issues with HAproxy?
>
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2024, 19:22 Scott Ribe, <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 2024, at 7:25 AM, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Let's ignore pgbouncer. I am getting the same error for client who are connected directly
>
> Principle is the same, something is setting the read only state.
>
> - Either the database is read only, as for a hot standby for instance;
> - Or the user is set to default to read only;
> - Or the client is setting read only and not subsequently setting read write.
>
> Ignoring pg bouncer just means excluding the possibility that the read only state was set by some client other than
theone reporting the error.