Re: subtracting minutes from date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chandra Sekhar Surapaneni
Subject Re: subtracting minutes from date
Date
List pgsql-general
You can just save it as timestamp and try the following query.

select * from table where date < (now() - interval '1 hour');

Regards
Chandra Sekhar Surapaneni

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Brandon Metcalf
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:56 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] subtracting minutes from date

What is the best way to store a timestamp if all I need to do is select
rows where this timestamp is less than 60 minutes prior to the current
time?

If I have a column called date with data type timestamp without time
zone I know I can use

  SELECT * FROM table WHERE date < (now()::DATE - 7)::TIMESTAMP;

to select rows where date is older than seven days.  I'm not quite sure
how to interpret now()::DATE::TIMESTAMP since I'm not able to answer my
own question.  I've tried things like:

  SELECT * FROM table WHERE date < now()::DATE::(TIMESTAMP - 60);

but this gives a syntax error.

Thanks.

--
Brandon