"...integer[] references..." = error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject "...integer[] references..." = error
Date
Re: "...integer[] references..." = error  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Does anyone know why trying to create this column:

"role    INTEGER[] REFERENCES role (roleid)"

returns this error:

ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'integer[]'
and 'integer'
         You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

psql:individual.sql:22: ERROR:  Unable to identify an
operator '=' for types 'integer[]' and 'integer'
         You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

If I remove the array "[]", it works fine, but I need the array
to refer to more than one "roleid".

TIA.

- Joel