Re: Computed index on transformation of jsonb key set - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steven Schlansker
Subject Re: Computed index on transformation of jsonb key set
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Apr 26, 2019, at 2:33 PM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/26/19 3:25 PM, Steven Schlansker wrote:
>>

>> How can I efficiently implement the feature I've described?  It seems difficult to use computed indexing with GIN.
>>
> Storing the map in a child table (parentId, UUID, int) is out of the question?

Yes, thanks Rob and David, that will be my approach if I can't figure out anything better.

I was hoping to not have to denormalize the data given that Postgres generally has great support for computing indexes,
both to avoid storage costs and eliminate the need to maintain triggers or application code to handle it.