Re: REINDEX "is not a btree" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From decibel
Subject Re: REINDEX "is not a btree"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jul 10, 2009, at 6:47 AM, Vanessa Lopez wrote:
> I discovered the table that was causing the error, delete it and
> create it again (I miss some data but at least everything else is
> working now)
>
> Yes, for the backup we copy everything we had under /data (the
> directory containing "base", "global", and so on ... we do backups
> every day from the server), and then we restore the whole /data
> directory at once ... but it did not solve the problem ..

Given the problems you've had, I strongly suggest you take a pg_dump
of the database, restore that dump, and use the restored copy. I bet
there's probably other problems lurking in your database.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org