Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Amit V Shah
Subject Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Date
Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
List pgsql-performance
> - Most of the DB usage is Selects. We would have some inserts but that
> would be like a nightly or a monthly process

So transaction integrity is not a real concern?   This sounds like a data
warehouse; wanna try Bizgres?  (www.bizgres.org)

I took a look at this. I have a few concerns with bizgres though -- I am
using jetspeed portal engine and Hibernate as my O/R Mapping layer. I know
for sure that they dont support bizgres. Now the question is what difference
is there between bizgres and postgres ... I guess I will try to look around
the website more and find out, but if there is something you would like to
comment, that would be very helpful ...

Thanks,
Amit