Re: WARNING: nonstandard use of escape in a string literal - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: WARNING: nonstandard use of escape in a string literal
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23 Dec 2009, at 22:58, Patrick M. Rutkowski wrote:

> In that case, let me put it this way:
>
> Is the query
> UPDATE my_table SET colname = NULL WHERE colname ~ '^\s*$'
>
> already all correct and standard conforming. Such that all I need to
> do is turn on standard_conforming_strings to have it stop complaining
> at me?
>
> In other words: I'm already doing it right, no?

Yes, for this query you are. You may have other queries that rely on non-standard escaping though, and those would
breakif you toggle that setting.
Alternatively you can just turn off the warning (escape_string_warning).

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4b333e33228059156120885!