Re: Add CREATE EXTENSION Support - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Add CREATE EXTENSION Support
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Jan 30, 2014, at 5:52 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>> I changed it to exclude the five default classes by name rather than ID, which should be cleaner.
>
> Those are really just defaults - users may well want to edit them to
> their own requirements.

Then I think this is the correct approach. We just want to prevent it from dumping rows that will be created by CREATE
EXTENSION.Even if they rename them, if they dump the database, then load into a new one, there will be no conflicts
(althoughthey might end up with more rows than they started with before the dump).

> There's a missing word in there:
>
> +If the server *is* 9.1 or later....

Fixed, thanks.

> I think that's such a narrow use case, it's probably not worth doing.
> You're more likely to have things the other way round - multiple
> servers running the agent, all using a single database, which likely
> also has a local agent instance.

Okay.

> Let me know when you're happy with the code and then I'll do a more
> complete review with a view to committing.

I'm happy with it now. :-)

Best,

David