Re: Foreign key behavior different in a function and outside - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mridula Mahadevan
Subject Re: Foreign key behavior different in a function and outside
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the response Tom. I am running postgres 8.3.7.

Yes, his is a highly simplified version, but I also didn't get the column name right. One more attempt at that.
 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION delete_B(id integer)
   RETURNS void AS
 $BODY$
                 declare
                                 vSql varchar;
                 BEGIN
                 delete from B where B_id = id;

                 END;

The core issue is the foreign key reference being deleted even though there is no cascade delete defined.
Thanks again.

-mridula