Re: [HACKERS] some dblink refactoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] some dblink refactoring
Date
Re: [HACKERS] some dblink refactoring  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Peter Eisentraut
> Here is a patch to refactor some macro hell in dblink.
>
> This patch was discussed in the background sessions thread as a prerequisite
> for some work there, but I figure I'll make a separate thread for it to
> give everyone interested in dblink a chance to respond separate from the
> other thread.

I changed the status to ready for committer.  The patch applied cleanly, passed the regression test (make installcheck
incontrib/dblink/), and the code looks perfect.

How about applying the attached small patch for another refactoring?  This merely changes makeStringInfo() to
initStringInfo()at two sites just other places in the same file.  makeStringInfo() on the function local variables
leavesmemory for StringInfoData allocated unnecessarily (which may be automatically reclaimed some time after.)

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa