Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
From: Torsten Zuhlsdorff [mailto:mailinglists@toco-domains.de]
> I don't believe that a list of every single site/application using
> PostgreSQL would be helpful. Nobody would read this. There are thousands
> of programming languages, but most people know around 10. We should focus
> on well known software and their support of PostgreSQL.

Let me correct: not "using PostgreSQL" but "using other commercial databases, particularly Oracle/MySQL".

Anyway, I agree that it will require considerable perseverance to look through the list and select popular software.
ButI want to extract at least the software categories (ETL, BI, office suite, IDE, etc.) as exhaustively as possible,
andpick up a few software in each category to add support for PostgreSQL to.

The page below may be where to start, but I'm afraid I can't select software categories that have something to do with
DBMS. Therefore, I thought I need a list of software which can integrate with other DBMSs.

List of software categories
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_software_categories

> And i like the idea of asking people where the want support for PostgreSQL.
> Based on the list we maybe can find volunteers which add support to the
> projects.

Yes, exactly.  Once the list is prepared, I'd like to step forward to add support for PostgreSQL to those software.
I'llmake a questionnaire using Google Forms or something.  But I don't yet know where to post it.  How can I reach the
ITpros who are involved in determining the database to procure?  Stack Overflow, DBA Stack Exchange, or elsewhere?
ShouldI post the URL of questionnaire to Twitter or Facebook using some hash tag?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa