Re: Stored procedures and schema renames - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Stored procedures and schema renames
Date
List pgsql-general
Code for db functions should be a repository. Easy edit and rerun

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 10, 2014, at 6:19 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to rename schemas without breaking the stored procedures in them.  Currently, this does not work if the
storedprocedure definition contains a schema self-reference because that does not get renamed.  I tried "SET
search_pathFROM CURRENT", but that seems to expand the search path on function definition time, which does not address
thisissue either.

> If backend code changes are required, what would be a reasonable way to approach this?  Would adding a CURRENT_SCHEMA
pseudo-schemawhich can be used in stored procedures work?