Re: more descriptive message for process termination due to max_slot_wal_keep_size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: more descriptive message for process termination due to max_slot_wal_keep_size
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 9/8/22 6:40 AM, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
At Wed, 7 Sep 2022 12:16:29 +0200, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote in
LOG: terminating process 49539 to release replication slot "rep1"
because its restart_lsn 0/3038000 exceeds the limit by 15.8 MB
If the distance were 1 byte, it is shown as "0.1 MB".
Right and I'm -1 on it, I think we should stick to the "pretty" or the
"bytes only" approach (my preference being the bytes only one).
Okay. the points you brought up above are sufficient grounds for not
doing so.  Now they are in the following format.

LOG: terminating process 16034 to release replication slot "rep1"
because its restart_lsn 0/3158000 exceeds the limit by 15368192 bytes
Thank you for the discussion, Bertrand!

You are welcome, thanks for the patch!

It looks good to me, barring any objections i think we can mark the CF entry as Ready for Committer.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team