Re: Few Queries - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sugandha Shah
Subject Re: Few Queries
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello Richard,

I'm really thankful to you. It worked. Somehow I wasn't getting it to work.

This line did the trick.
   set_time := current_date() - (var_history_age_limit::text || ''  days
'')::interval;

Regards,
-Sugandha

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Huxton" <dev@archonet.com>
To: "Sugandha Shah" <Sugandhas@cybage.com>; "Janning Vygen" <vygen@gmx.de>
Cc: <pgsql-sql@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [SQL] Few Queries

On Wednesday 14 Aug 2002 1:29 pm, Sugandha Shah wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> No luck  . Even with Select Into . Please if any body has faced similar
> problem and knows a solution.

You don't need select into here - the sample below deletes everything older
than one day. You should be able to adapt it to your needs. Your example had
a + rather than a - which would delete things in the future, that might have
been what you intended, or it might not.

The RAISE NOTICE line prints a useful debug value. I like to scatter these
around while I'm testing.

CREATE FUNCTION del_old_history() RETURNS int4 AS '
DECLARE  var_history_age_limit int4;  set_time    timestamp;
BEGIN   var_history_age_limit:=1;   set_time := current_date() - (var_history_age_limit::text || ''  days
'')::interval;   RAISE NOTICE ''set time = %'',set_time;   delete from history where complete_time <= set_time;
   return var_history_age_limit;
END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

-- Richard Huxton