Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Date
Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2 Oct 2022, at 18:04, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Updated patch adding meson compatibility attached.
>>
>> Err, forgot to amend one hunk :(
>
> That fixed it on all platforms but windows, due to copy-pasto. I really should
> have stopped earlier yesterday...

Thanks for updating the patch!

The parser in the original submission was -1'd by me, and the current version
proposed as an alternative.  This was subsequently -1'd as well but no updated
patch with a rewritten parser has been posted.  So this is now stalled again.

Having been around in 12 commitfests without a committer feeling confident
about pushing this I plan to mark it returned with feedback, and if a new
parser materializes itc can be readded instead of being dragged along.

> c.h (and postgres.h, postgres_fe.h) shouldn't be included in headers.
>
> This is a common enough mistake that I'm wondering if we could automate
> warning about it somehow.

Maybe we can add a simple git grep invocation in the CompilerWarnings CI job to
catch this in the CFBot?  If something like the below sketch matches then we
can throw an error. (only for illustration, all three files needs to checked).

    git grep "\"c\.h" -- *.h :^src/include/postgres*.h;