MS Access, UNICODE, ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From bernsteine@who.int
Subject MS Access, UNICODE, ODBC
Date
List pgsql-odbc

We have a problem inserting data into Postgres in UNICODE using the MS Access 2003 as a front-end.

I am not entirely clear on the source of the problem we have.

Our Postgres DB is in UNICODE, I have converted it and tested. I can insert and display Cyrilic and Arabic characters using PhpPgAdmin 3.5 version.

The MS Access 2003, seems to be able to store UNICODE and display it fine alone too.

It is only when we use Access as a front end to Postgres that we have garbage displayed in Access retreived from Postgres and Postgres data gets corrupted. Which led us to believe that it is ODBC config issue.

Please, help.

Eugene Bernstein

Database Administrator

(WHO/EIP/KMS)