Re: [HACKERS] Tightening isspace() tests where behavior should matchSQL parser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Tightening isspace() tests where behavior should matchSQL parser
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/20/2017 01:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Attached is a proposed patch.  I'm vacillating on whether to
> back-patch this --- it will fix a reported bug, but it seems
> at least somewhat conceivable that it will also break cases
> that were working acceptably before.  Thoughts?

+1 for back-patching. If I understand correctly, it would change the
behavior when you pass a string with non-ASCII leading or trailing
whitespace characters to those functions. I suppose that can happen, but
it's only pure luck if the current code happens to work in that case.
And even if so, it's IMO still quite reasonable to change the behavior,
on the grounds that the new behavior is what the core SQL lexer would do.

- Heikki