Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Regarding SSL Enablement in PostgreSQL Database on different port
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/2/23 13:15, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> Oh, I think your idea to use pgbouncer to take care of the SSL
> termination is elegant. I don't think me I'd characterize it as a hack
> if properly set up. Why do you consider it a hack?
> *t

Let me guess:  postgres IS NOT listening on the other port, pgbouncer is
with it's own users and mappings and protocol setup and then sending
what ever's  encrypted to the actual port postgres  is listening on
which could have been used directly (with maybe on less cert?)

I use pgbouncer btw.  For balance.