RE: Database handle error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject RE: Database handle error
Date
List pgsql-general
AFAIK, this error is returned by Perl DBI when a script terminates without a
database connection being explicitly closed.
It is more a warning than an error per se.  The script might have terminated
because of another error, though you could expect another error to be
returned in that case.
If you have your schema already set up, you have choices available as to how
you load your data.  If you can get your Oracle installation to dump the
data in delimited text files, you could load the data using COPY.  That
could be a nuisance if you have a lot of tables, though.  Alternatively, if
you could get Oracle to dump the data in the form of INSERT statements, you
should be able to load those directly into PostgreSQL will little (perhaps
no) editing, using
psql -f <datafile> <dbname>
from the command line, or
\i <datafile>
from within psql.
This might be easier than debugging the ora2pg.pl script.  A matter of
preference.