Re: How to get RTREE performance from GIST index? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: How to get RTREE performance from GIST index?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2 Dec 2009, at 21:12, Clive Page wrote:
>> Actually, autovacuum doesn't process temp tables at all because it
>> cannot get to them; they might live solely in the creating process'
>> private memory area.
>
> Does that mean that, in between creating a temporary table and actually using it in a complicate query, it is
desirableto run an ANALYZE command on it?

> I haven't been doing that, because I didn't know.

Only if you created an index on it. If you didn't it doesn't matter as in that case you always get a sequential scan,
unlessI'm mistaken.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is the best way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4b16f67511731227681557!