Database OID xxxxx now seems to belong to "foo" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject Database OID xxxxx now seems to belong to "foo"
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi:

Trying (and failing) to attach to my DBs.  Getting...

database “foo_standby” has disappeared form pg_database

DETAIL: Database OID 2323523 now seems to belong to “foo”

 I have 2 dbs... foo and foo_standby.  Every midnight, I truncate foo_standby and load it up with all the current data from mu various sources.  If that’s successful, I then rename foo to foo_tmp, then rename foo_standby to foo, then rename foo_tmp to foo_standby.  This results in a minimal “down time” of the foo database ebcause the renames happen fast. And foo_standby is now my backup from the previous day, something I can switch back to if something goes wrong with the new foo db.

Anyway, “psql –l” does show my dbs.  There are other dbs for other projects and I can connect to those OK.  I just can’t connect to foo or foo_standby.

Q: What might have caused this problem and how can I avoid/prevent it in the future

Q: Can I salvage my foo and foo_standby DBs?

Thanks

-dave