ERROR: CreateTrigger: function..... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Verhaag, G.
Subject ERROR: CreateTrigger: function.....
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear list-member,

I'm new to triggers, and want to try them! That's why I generated a function with plpgsql. Creating the function seems
towork, as the word CREATE suggest after the CREATE FUNCTION..... statement is being executed!

However when I want to see whether it is really present I type \df myfunctionsname(); within the psql interface, but
withouta positive result! Any other user-defined function I create which doesn't have an OPAQUE return type, does show
upin the list of functions when I issue the \dt-command!

As a result of the failure mentioned above, the CREATE TRIGGER doesn't work either!

Sorry, but I can't figure out what's the problem! Can anybody drop a line how to tackle this problem! By the way I'm
currentlyusing PostgreSQL version 7.2.2 on a PC running RedHat 8.0! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

    Geert Verhaag

National Expert and Training Centre for Breast Cancer Screening (LRCB)
UMC St. Radboud / UMC Nijmegen
451, LRCB
P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, Netherlands
Tel: +31.24.36(17551/16706)
E-mail: g.verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl