Followup Re: Postgres locking - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bob Smith
Subject Followup Re: Postgres locking
Date
List pgsql-sql
OK, it looks like my problem was just the postgres server having a bad
day, I just looked in the logfile and found this right after the
LockAcquire errors:

DEBUG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory
and semaphores
DEBUG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-02-25 16:32:14 PST
DEBUG:  checkpoint record is at 10/10C3F26C
DEBUG:  redo record is at 10/10C3F26C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
FALSE
DEBUG:  next transaction id: 686501; next oid: 85358132
DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery
in progress
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 10/10C3F2AC
DEBUG:  redo is not required
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
DEBUG:  database system is ready

and now I can't get the LockAcquire errors to happen again at all.
Looks like it was just a passing gremlin, hopefully it won't come back
to visit too often.

Sorry for the noise on the list!

Bob

Begin forwarded message: