Re: logical replication restrictions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: logical replication restrictions
Date
Re: logical replication restrictions
RE: logical replication restrictions
Re: logical replication restrictions
Re: logical replication restrictions
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 10, 2022, at 9:39 AM, osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com wrote:
Minor review comments for v6.
Thanks for your review. I'm attaching v7.

"If the subscriber sets min_apply_delay parameter, ..."

I suggest we use subscription rather than subscriber, because
this parameter refers to and is used for one subscription.
My suggestion is
"If one subscription sets min_apply_delay parameter, ..."
In case if you agree, there are other places to apply this change.
I changed the terminology to subscription. I also checked other "subscriber"
occurrences but I don't think it should be changed. Some of them are used as
publisher/subscriber pair. If you think there is another sentence to consider,
point it out.

It might be better to write a note for committer
like "Bump catalog version" at the bottom of the commit message.
It is a committer task to bump the catalog number. IMO it is easy to notice
(using a git hook?) that it must bump it when we are modifying the catalog.
AFAICS there is no recommendation to add such a warning.

The former interprets input number as milliseconds in case of no units,
while the latter takes it as seconds without units.
I feel it would be better to make them aligned.
In a previous version I decided not to add a code to attach a unit when there
isn't one. Instead, I changed the documentation to reflect what interval_in
uses (seconds as unit). Under reflection, let's use ms as default unit if the
user doesn't specify one.

I fixed all the other suggestions too.

--
Euler Taveira