another failover testing question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Parker
Subject another failover testing question
Date
List pgsql-general
Something that we end up doing sometimes in our failover testing is removing slony replication from an "active" (data provider) server. Because this involves removing triggers from tables, we end up with currently connected clients getting a bunch of "OID 123 not found" errors, where the OID is that of the recently removed trigger.

Is there any way short of cycling all client connections to have the server processes clean that information out of their cache when an object disappears like this from the database?

(I'm posting here rather than the slony list because it seems like a general question....)

Thanks.

- DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks    (401) 709-5130