Re: pgsql: Re-validate connection string in libpqrcv_connect(). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: pgsql: Re-validate connection string in libpqrcv_connect().
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, 2024-01-12 at 21:43 +0000, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Re-validate connection string in libpqrcv_connect().

Looks like the test is causing problems on drogo:

ERROR:  could not connect to the publisher: connection to server at
"127.0.0.1", port 54707 failed: FATAL:  SSPI authentication failed for
user "regress_test_user"'

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2024-01-13%2002%3A41%3A35

I think we need to change the pg_hba.conf on the publisher before
creating (or at least before enabling) the subscription. I might have
to commit a trial fix unless someone can debug this more easily on
drogo's configuration.

I suppose I could also take out the test, but I like that it adds
better coverage of the password_required setting.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis