Re: Monitoring Pg servers with Microsoft SCOM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Glen Eustace
Subject Re: Monitoring Pg servers with Microsoft SCOM
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/05/2014, at 12:26 pm, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 05/04/2014 04:17 PM, Glen Eustace wrote:
>> I am in the process of deploying Microsoft System Centre Operations
>> Manager and was hoping that somebody had either developed or knew of
>> where I could get hold of a management pack for PostgreSQL.
>>
>> I am not sure whether there is an instrumentation interface into the DB
>> so haven't yet looked at rolling our own.
>>
>> Any comments appreciated.
>
> Searches on this all seem to point back to this post:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2012/03/19/opsmgr-how-to-monitor-non-microsoft-sql-databases-in-scom-an-example-using-postgre-sql.aspx

Yes, I had seen that.  I was more interested in being able to instrument the Pg internals, connection counts,
transactionrates, RAM usage etc.  In a similar sort of way to MS-SQL.

Running transactions against an individual DB is still useful but I was hoping to do better.

Glen