Re: Non-decimal integer literals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Non-decimal integer literals
Date
Re: Non-decimal integer literals  (John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 16.02.22 11:11, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The remaining patches are material for PG16 at this point, and I will
> set the commit fest item to returned with feedback in the meantime.

Time to continue with this.

Attached is a rebased and cleaned up patch for non-decimal integer
literals.  (I don't include the underscores-in-numeric literals patch.
I'm keeping that for later.)

Two open issues from my notes:

Technically, numeric_in() should be made aware of this, but that seems
relatively complicated and maybe not necessary for the first iteration.

Taking another look around ecpg to see how this interacts with C-syntax
integer literals.  I'm not aware of any particular issues, but it's
understandably tricky.

Other than that, this seems pretty complete as a start.

Attachment