Re: Timezones in 8.2.7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Timezones in 8.2.7
Date
Re: Timezones in 8.2.7  (Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Mar 26, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Joseph Shraibman wrote:
> After I sent my last email, a light bulb went off.  I remembered a
> similar problem I had a while ago with parts of postgres not having
> read permission.  Sure enough after I
>
> [root@xx /usr/local/pgsql]# chmod -R a+r *
>
> then restart postgres everything is fine.
>
> This is a IMHO a bug in the install script.  All of the postgres
> install  should be world readable, regardless of the umask (or at
> least provide a warning).

What?  Are you actually saying that a PG data directory should be
world readable?  That will never happen as that throws out even the
most basic security facilities.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com