Re: Timezones in 8.2.7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: Timezones in 8.2.7
Date
List pgsql-general
After I sent my last email, a light bulb went off.  I remembered a
similar problem I had a while ago with parts of postgres not having read
permission.  Sure enough after I

[root@xx /usr/local/pgsql]# chmod -R a+r *

then restart postgres everything is fine.

This is a IMHO a bug in the install script.  All of the postgres install
  should be world readable, regardless of the umask (or at least provide
a warning).