Re: [HACKERS] Different table schema in logical replication crashes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Different table schema in logical replication crashes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13/04/17 05:04, Euler Taveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If a certain table has different schemas and the subscriber table has an
> unmatched column with a not null constraint, the logical replication
> crashes with the above stack trace.
>
> [snip]
>
> Are we prepared to support different schemas in v10? Or should we
> disallow it for v10 and add a TODO?

Ah nuts, yes it's supposed to be supported, we seem to not initialize
cstate->range_table in tablesync which causes this bug. The CopyState
struct is private to copy.c so we can't easily set cstate->range_table
externally. I wonder if tablesync should just construct CopyStmt instead
of calling the lower level API.

Services