pg_constraint missing many entries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Boes
Subject pg_constraint missing many entries?
Date
List pgsql-general
Almost all of my foreign key definitions are NOT present in
pg_constraint. However, they do exist as triggers. It appears that *new*
foreign keys, whether defined in new tables or added on via "ALTER
TABLE" commands, make it into pg_constraint, but the "old" stuff that
was present from before our 7.3 upgrade, exists only as triggers.

1) Is this a bug?

2) Is there any way to "refresh" pg_constraint? (I'm experimenting with
a tool that graphs a schema, and it needs a bit of code written to
determine from a table and column name whether that column is a foreign
key, and to what table. pg_constraint where contype = 'f' seems to be
the ticket, but on my database it's inadequate.)

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076