Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17.03.22 20:11, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> But the comment describes the error for the whole block, which looks
> like this:
>
> -- error: replica identity "a" not included in the column list
> ALTER PUBLICATION testpub_fortable ADD TABLE testpub_tbl5 (b, c);
> UPDATE testpub_tbl5 SET a = 1;
> ERROR:  cannot update table "testpub_tbl5"
> DETAIL:  Column list used by the publication does not cover the replica
> identity.
>
> So IMHO the comment is correct.

Ok, that makes sense.  I read all the comments in the test file again.
There were a couple that I think could use tweaking; see attached file.
The ones with "???" didn't make sense to me:  The first one is before a
command that doesn't seem to change anything, the second one I didn't
understand the meaning.  Please take a look.

(The patch is actually based on your 20220318c patch, but I'm adding it
here since we have the discussion here.)
Attachment