New 0200 ODBC Driver issue?? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Eric Hallander
Subject New 0200 ODBC Driver issue??
Date
List pgsql-odbc
In order to keep the new driver from locking in a POSIX thread environment,
I had to change connection.c to init the connection mutex (Line 1259). The
driver appears to work now. Why this was an issue I am not sure, because
although there are changes to connection.c to add the usage of this mutex,
my observation from the 0100 version seem to show it too was used before it
was intialized, and it seemed to work fine.

Any Comments?

   1251         if (SOCK_get_errcode(sock) != 0)
   1252         {
   1253                 CC_set_error(self, CONNECTION_COULD_NOT_SEND, "Could
not send Query to backend");
   1254                 CC_on_abort(self, NO_TRANS | CONN_DEAD);
   1255                 return NULL;
   1256         }
   1257
   1258         INIT_CONN_CS(self);
   1259         ENTER_CONN_CS(self);
   1260         SOCK_put_char(sock, 'Q');
   1261         if (SOCK_get_errcode(sock) != 0)
   1262         {
   1263                 CC_set_error(self, CONNECTION_COULD_NOT_SEND, "Could
not send Query to backend");
   1264                 CC_on_abort(self, NO_TRANS | CONN_DEAD);
   1265                 RETURN_AFTER_LEAVE_CS(self, NULL);
   1266         }

Eric

Eric Hallander
Tellium Inc.
2 Crescent Place
Oceanport, NJ 07757
(732) 483-2922
(732) 923-9804 FAX
 <mailto:ehallander@tellium.com> (Work)

 <mailto:7323101830@mobile.att.net> (Cell Phone 150 chars total)

 <http://www.tellium.com/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entityto whom they are addressed. Any review, retransmission or other use of this communication by any person or entity
otherthan the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error please notify
thesender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication.

Attachment