Re: BUG #3453: Error on COPY TO/FROM 'non-ascii-path' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Re: BUG #3453: Error on COPY TO/FROM 'non-ascii-path'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi ITAGAKI-san.

I think that it is use restrictions now....This is not a BUG.
In Japan, use is restricted by the reason referred to as that server
encoding does not support all now. Then, It is Shift-jis encoding...
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_bug/copy_to.png
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_bug/copy_from.png
This SERVER_ENCODING is EUC_JP..:-(
This will be cleared by Shift_jis being supported as you suggested
before. Therefore, only psql to \copy of a client can do it now.
Probably, It will become the item of 'TODO' correctly.....

Is it different?
Or do you have another point?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito