Re: phpBB 2.2 and PostgreSQL support - Mailing list pgsql-php

From David Costa
Subject Re: phpBB 2.2 and PostgreSQL support
Date
List pgsql-php
On Feb 22, 2004, at 12:19 PM, Birzan George Cristian wrote:

<snip>

> For those interested, I've put up my version up on CVS on=20
> :pserver:anonymous@cvs.wolfheart.ro:/phpbb, the module being
> phpbb2-pgsql, press enter for the password.
> (For reasons beyond my comprehension at this late/early hour, cvsd
> seems
> to freeze once in a while, when one tries to login, so don't do that
> :-P.
> Seriously, though,  even if it does break, there's
> http://cvs.wolfheart.ro/cgi-bin/cvsweb/phpbb2-pgsql/ from where you can
> download a tarball until I wake up and actually get cvs working
> properly)
>
> So, if anyone is interested, drop me a line. If you want to keep this
> thread on pgsql-general, please Cc: me as I am not subscribed.
>
> --
> Birzan George            Violence is the last refuge of
>   Cristian            the incompetent -- Salvor Hardin

Hi!
Are you sure they don't support it ? from their site "Based on the
powerful PHP server language and your choice of MySQL, MS-SQL,
PostgreSQL or Access/ODBC database servers, phpBB is the ideal free
community solution for all web sites." What kind of db abstraction
layer they use ? Pear DB?

Regards,
David Costa, PostgreSQL Advocate      PHP&PostgreSQL tutorials at
http://dotgeek.org
david at postgresql ddoot org                 gurugeek att php dot net
$dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced@localhost/open_source_database';