Where are updates from inside transactions visible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Richardson
Subject Where are updates from inside transactions visible?
Date
Re: Where are updates from inside transactions visible?  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
Greetings again!

Suppose I have a table named "myTable" with fields named "item" and
"value".  Item X has a value of 1.  Inside a C++ application, I begin a
transaction, open the table, change Item X's value to 2, and go to
sleep.  The transaction is still active.  In PGAdmin, I open an SQL
window and execute "select * from myTable".  What value do I see for
item X?  Will it still be 1 because the transaction in which it was
changed to 2 is still open?

Thanks again!

RobR