help with query speed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Tesser
Subject help with query speed
Date
List pgsql-general
I have the below query written.  I have removed a lot from the select
Statement for simplicity sake.  The query takes way too long.
I am moving from an Access backend to a Postgres back with
Access in the front. The below query is taking like 14-20 seconds.
Is their a better way I can write the joins.  I would think that
Postgres should be fast than Access.  BTW I am writing these as
Pass through queries so it is not a problem with Access.  I have
Even ran the query directly against Postgres.

SELECT
  tblroster.transcriptlink
FROM
  tblroster
  FULL OUTER JOIN testclass ON (tblroster.classlink = testclass.classid)
  FULL OUTER JOIN tblqualitypoint ON (tblroster.lettergrade =
tblqualitypoint.letter)
ORDER BY
  tblroster.transcriptlink