Re: [proposal] de-TOAST'ing using a iterator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul Ramsey
Subject Re: [proposal] de-TOAST'ing using a iterator
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Sep 23, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> Paul Ramsey, do you have opinions to share about this patch?  I think
> PostGIS might benefit from it.  Thread starts here:

I like the idea a great deal, but actually PostGIS is probably neutral on it: we generally want to retrieve things off
thefront of our serializations (the metadata header) rather than search through them for things in the middle. So the
improvementsto Pg12 cover all of our use cases. Haven’t had time to do any performance checks on it yet.

ATB,

P.