Re: Normalize or not? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Normalize or not?
Date
List pgsql-general
More along the lines of pl/pgsql and/or whatever application language you are using; not rules.

On Apr 15, 2011, at 8:45, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mostly, this entire project is for me to learn.  What started out as a toy has gown into something that about 40
peopleuse each day but it is definitely not normal production stress.  Or course, I'd like to assume and do things as
ifit was going to be stressed.

> For whatever reason, I've done simple functions but I've never done complex wrappers like you are talking about.
Justto be sure, when you say "writ[e] a wrapper around the insert/update layer", you are referring to the techniques
documentedin chapter 36 "The Rule System" ?