Re: at time zone question in pl/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Wood
Subject Re: at time zone question in pl/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> I'm trying to write a simple pl/pgsql function that will return the
current time for the given time zone ( i have to deal multiple time zones) .
But I don't seem to be using the appropriate syntax.   I keep getting an
error on the 'at time zone...'

> DECLARE
>   new_time TIMESTAMP;
> BEGIN
>    SELECT INTO new_time now() at time zone 'PST';   /*just hard coding the
time zone for now */
>   return new_time;
> END;

Assuming that this is a direct cut and paste, the error would appear to be
that the single quotes around the timezone are not escaped. Try changing
that line to:

   SELECT INTO new_time now() at time zone ''PST'';   /*just hard coding the
time zone for now */

If that's not it, nevermind :)

Greg