Re: [GENERAL] Redacting JSONB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Redacting JSONB
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/07/2017 12:08 PM, Paul Jones wrote:
> Is there some way to redact JSONB fields? This is essentially implementing
> "row-level" security on JSONB fields.  Could possibly be done with a
> view or a function.  MongoDB and MarkLogic both do this.

Yeah I imagine you would use a view or function and only give access to
the json data via that view or function. Pretty standard way of handling
things like this.

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****