Re: Bug in pgadmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Bug in pgadmin III
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Tony,

I've commited a fix for this to CVS - would you like a snapshot .exe to test?

Regards, Dave.

BTW, what address are you sending your subscribe message to?

From: Tony Caduto [mailto:tony.caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com]
Sent: 10 May 2004 17:17
To: dpage@pgadmin.org
Subject: Bug in pgadmin III

Dave,
Sorry for writing you directly but for whatever reason I can't join the mailing list, I never get a authentication email back.
Anyway the but has to do with the function editor and the return type.

If I create a new type for a SRF and create it in the same schema as the function the editor fails to pick up the schema.

for example the editor brings back this after I create the function

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION common.spcom_get_pm_list()
  RETURNS SETOF pm_inits AS

but it should be:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION common.spcom_get_pm_list()
  RETURNS SETOF common.pm_inits AS

because of this bug I have to create all my types under the public schema and things get very messy.

Thanks and again sorry for emailing you directly.

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
Inexpensive Corporate Instant Messaging
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

Our company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences
of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is
subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited.