Re: [HACKERS] Do we prefer software that works or software that looks good? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Do we prefer software that works or software that looks good?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

I'm unfamiliar with the code involved so this may be a waste of
bandwidth, but it seems to me that any selection of upper or lower case
folding should be done on a per-database basis - probably specified in
the create database statement, and flagged in pg_database. If its done
per-database then any issues of "FOO" == foo go away unless someone
loads a lowercase dump into an uppercase database - in which case it's
up to them to resolve any conflicts prior to loading the dump file.

Regards, Dave.