Re: Bugs - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Bugs
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Donald
-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Fraser [mailto:demolish@cwgsy.net]
Sent: 18 December 2002 17:19
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Bugs

Hi Dave,
I was investigating the trigger arguments bug that I reported yesterday and in doing so have found another bug.

1)
Set show system objects;
Open the database 'template1';
Open Schema pg_catalog;
Select table pg_trigger;
Right click on the mouse button and select from pop-up menu 'View data';
You then get the following error message:
The instruction at "0x1f5323ef" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be read...
You also get this message if you try and run the query SELECT * FROM pg_trigger

Yeah, that's a bug in MS ADO. It can't handle array columns in tables like pg_index and pg_trigger.

2)
Back to the trigger arguments bug reported yesterday. The arguments stored in the table pg_trigger, column name tgargs is of type bytea. This is what is being displayed as the arguments in the definition for triggers. Obviously it is not stored as straight text so that's why you get things like ??? being displayed.

It should be decoded (I thought is was, but perhaps not in some circumstances). I'll look into it but this will take more than a couple of minutes and I have 3 projects (2 of them very big) going live early January.

I'm not in any hurry to have fixes, as I've got by since version 1.3. with most things. Version 1.4.12 is even better and have to congratulate you on a good job. Just letting you know so bugs don't get ported to the new C++ version.

Shouldn't happen. The new code is a total rewrite and the code is not being ported as such. We'll get a whole new set of bugs to chase :-)

Thanks for your effort however,

Regards, Dave.