Re: Problem connecting to Postgres - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problem connecting to Postgres
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Wilson [mailto:petew@yellowhawk.co.uk]
Sent: 15 December 2002 00:32
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Problem connecting to Postgres

I used pgadmin a while ago with no problems at all - a very useful tool! After one of the upgrades I now cannot connect to my postgres server (which runs on a spearate Linux box). When I try to connect I get an error message from pgadmin:
    An error has occured in pgAdminII:frmConnect_Click
    Number: -2147467259

On the Linux console I get:
ERROR: Function: 'pg_client_encoding()' does not exist
    Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
    You may need to add explicit typecasts

Hmm, odd. pgAdmin doesn't use that function - at least not in the current release version, and there is no error message in the source that refers to frmConnect_Click. 1.3.60 is quite an old dev version though, can you try 1.4.12 and if it still doesn't work, recreate the error with logging turned on to full debug and send the pgAdmin and psqlodbc logfiles.

Regards, Dave.