Re: Bug on functions - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Bug on functions
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Donald, comments below...
-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Fraser [mailto:demolish@cwgsy.net]
Sent: 12 December 2002 15:51
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Bug on functions

OS: W2K SP2
pgAdmin: 1.4.8

When creating a function there are two problems relating to security rights.
1) It always adds a GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION blalba.. TO PUBLIC even when I don't add it.

 This is PostgreSQL, not pgAdmin. I have raised the issue on pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org and was told:

The default permissions for functions grant execute to public; the system is just instantiating that default when you do an explicit grant.

The original implementation of function permissions didn't grant anything to public, but we concluded that that would break too many applications to be a reasonable default.

regards, tom lane

2) It doesn't handle secuirty on groups.If I add a group to the secuirty rights pgAdmin complanins. Error in pgAdmin II:frmFunction.Initialise: 13 - Type mismatch. If you go to the secuirty tab it displays nothing under privilages for a group.

This is fixed now. I'll upload a new snapshot when I've looked at the other problems you've logged.

Ps. As an aside, do you know if there is information, a web site etc. on running odbc apps under Linux's wine. I've tried to run pgAdmin and I can't get the odbc stuff to register.
Sorry, don't know of one.

Regards, Dave.